Alston & Bird has collected information for our pro bono, community service, and non-profit partners related to housing and homelessness. These resources provide information related to renter and homeowner protections, resources for the homeless, and food security.
Renters and Homeowners
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides resources related to COVID-19 and homelessness, renters, homeowners, housing program participants, and Native Americans.
- Homeowners and renters in properties with federally-backed mortgages are entitled to certain protections. The Federal Housing Administration catalogues multiple resources for homeowners, renters, and related businesses. Freddie Mac also has resources for homeowners and renters.
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition provides resources related to funding resources, eviction and foreclosure moratoriums, and other housing issues.
- Just Shelter catalogues community resources related to affordable housing, preventing eviction, and reducing family homelessness in each state.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides guidance for homeless services providers.
- The National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty provides information on COVID-19 protections for those experiencing homelessness.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture lists resources available under child nutrition programs, WIC, SNAP, and other food programs.
Last updated September 18, 2020